CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 20, 2013

Stuff bell peppers Crock pot method

I made stuffed bell peppers for the first time today! I got a recipe off of Pinterest not to long ago and had to try it. I love my crockpot and I do not know what I would do without it. My home is small and turning on my oven heats the whole house which is miserable in the hot months.

I changed the ingredients up a lot because we are on a strict diet and can't have much salt, carbs etc so I am not gonna post the link that I got it from. I really only used the idea of putting it in the crock pot.

I used
Ground turkey
1 bag of seasons (frozen) it has onion bell pepper and celery.
A cup of mozzarella cheese
Ketchup
Five bell peppers
1 can of kernel corn drained
2 cups of rice
Munched garlic 2tbs
1/2 can spaghetti sauce (garlic flavored)

Now I cooked the turkey meat and season mix together then drained it.
I cooked the rice in my rice cooker while I was doing that.
In a different bowl I added the corn, cheese spaghetti sauce and minced garlic up.
Once the meat and seasons where done and drained I added them too. Mixed that all up and put them in the peppers inside the crock pot. Added ketchup and thought I was done. Well silly me forgot the rice!!!!!
SO I dumped the mixture I put in the peppers back into the bowl. Even with the ketchup already on it. Added the rice and stirred it really good. I then put that mixture inside the peppers and places them back into the crock pot with more ketchup on top.






No comments:

Post a Comment