CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 30, 2011

The BIBLE thats the book for me!



I have been wanting to write about this for some time but it seems I always lose my train of thought theses days. I started reading the Bible at the beginning of the year. Our Paster, my Uncle asked us to all read to the Bible more. I took it upon myself to make a commitment to read the intire Bible this year.
I wanted to update on my progress. There is 66 books in the intire Bible and I have read 36 so far!
That is over half!
I have almost the whole new testament read, I lack Matthew, Mark and Luke.
I also am not reading in order either. I am kind of reading where I feel I am led.

I wanted to share some of the verses I came across tonight.

1 Corinthians 15:33

 Do not be misled: “Bad company corrupts good character.” (NIV)

Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners. (KJV)




1 Corinthians 13:13
 Three things will last forever—faith, hope, and love—and the greatest of these is love.(NIV)


                And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.(KJV)


1 Corinthians 15:58
Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.(NIV)




Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord. (KJV)


1 Corinthians 16:13-14

13 Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong. 14 Do everything in love. (NIV)


13Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong.

                                              14Let all your things be done with charity. (KJV)

2 Corinthians 4:18
So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. (NIV)

While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal. (KJV)

2 Corinthians 5:7

For we live by faith, not by sight. (NIV)


                                                  (For we walk by faith, not by sight:) (KJV)




2 Corinthians 9:6
Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. (NIV)

But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully. (KJV)


I put both KJV and NIV because I like to see the difference of the wording.
I never really realized how insightful the Bible was until I acutally picked it up and started reading it. I mean I have looked up verses etc but never read it from cover to cover.

Till next time,Val









































No comments:

Post a Comment