CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 20, 2012

September is half way threw?

So this month is flying by. We as a family have had a really hard month. My granny which I have been helping take car of went into the hospital, then to a nursing home, and is now in a rehab and is gonna eventually go back to a nursing home. It's really a long story and a really crazy roller coaster ride for everyone involved.
To many details to explain.

At the beginning of the month we had a hurricane in which we lost power for over three days, lost all of our food in our frig and freezer and had a mess to clean up when we did get home in the yard. Sticks where everywhere! We had just finished a new roof on our addition and the shingles are now long gone!! Errrrr

My granny rode the storm out with my aunt but on Thursday when she came home she wasn't doing very well so we took her for a check up at the ER that ended up being a week long stay and then turned into a permanent stay. It's better in the long run for granny and my dad but really hard to muster right at first. I rode over with her in the nursing home van from the hospital. It was the hardest thing I have ever had todo. Even dealing with a death of someone very close to me. Her mind is still mostly gone or she is back into her childhood. Which is good sometimes to not have to deal with the heart break of her crying but also gut wrenching when she doesn't know who you are at times. It is sad, heart breaking, dementia is something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

So we are still visiting everyday at the rehab which is in Kentwood. And school started last week so that has been very timing consuming. I don't think I'll ever get a grip on things the way they look now but I have faith things will get better in the long run.

Please keep my family in your prayers-

No comments:

Post a Comment