CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 24, 2016

Where all I have lived



Lately The kids have been asking lots of questions about where I and David grew up. It got me thinking of writing it all down due to I had to take a minute to think about it myself. I have lived all over the place in my 32 years on this earth it seems ☺️ I'm a natural gypsy!
When I was born till about 4 (that might be a little off due to I was young and really don't remember) I lived in Hammond, La. I lived with my grandparents mostly. When I was 4 or around that age we moved to Kiln, Ms. This is where I call home if someone asks. When it was time for me to start school I moved back to Hammond to live with my Mom. I went to kindergarten/5th grade there. Midway elementary and Natablany Middle. Fun fact about Natablany Middle* My mawmaw and pawpaw went there also and countless others in my family. It was called Natablany I believe but it was for all grades lower and upper. 

When I was in 5th grade after Dare graduation very close to Mid February my mom pulled me out and I went to stay the remainder of the school year with my aunt and her family in Irving, Tx. So February/May. 4 months at the most. My grandmother was going to homeschool me the following year due to some personal reasons. My aunt homeschooled her kids already and they where equipped already. Once May hit and I remember that very well (she had just had a surgery around this time frame) I was HOME bound back to Hammond. Of course during the summer I visited my maw maw and pawpaw!  My grandma Turk homeschooled me for 6th maybe a little of 7th grade. I remember this time as the best educational experience I ever had. We learned about history and music. I could go on for days about what she and I learned. I can still say all the presidents, states, capitals, the Gettiesbrug address! The list could go on and on. She was the one that nurtured me with my love for history. 
If I remember correctly I went back to public school from 7/8 at Nesom. I hated this school and this time in my life. Plain and simply!!!! Once I finished up there I moved BACK to the Kiln. It was my 15th birthday! I started at Hancock High. I loved it there too!!! * I met David this year 9/19/98
I went my 9th grade year there. 10th grade I went to a private school near Poplarville, Ms. I got married that October and had Kaylee the following February and took my 11th grade off to get settled. We moved back to Hammond and I finished my senior year at St Amant. During that time we moved a few times. We lived in our family rent home first, then we moved to Albany, then back to our family rent home. We then moved to Tickfaw (had Kaylee's 1st bday there). We then moved near my mom and grandparents by the airport until David got back from boot camp. 
We then moved to Colorado Springs , Co aka Ft Carson. When we first moved there we lived in an apartment near base and once we got housing we moved on post. I did move off post when David went over seas and moved into a town home and realized that was a bad mistake and decided to move back on post. 
When he got medically discharged we first went to Hammond. I had Dj and then we moved to Ponchatoula. We lived there a short time before going home to the Kiln. We lived there until hurricane Katrina. We moved to Tn until we found housing and a job due to being misplaced (horrible time BTW)
We moved to Magee and lived there about 2 years. David's job laid everyone off and we moved to Hahnville for another job. We lived there for a short time and moved across the lake (Mandeville) for better schools. We decided then that we wanted to homeschool and we moved to Pearl. David was working off in Shreveport and we wanted him to be able to have a shorter drive. It really didn't work out there so we moved back to Hahnville . 
My Granny was having some health issues and we moved to Franklinton help. We lived right down the road from her for about 2 years. Maybe a tad less. 
We bought our land in Franklinton early 2011! (Best time ever!)
We have been at this address for 5 years now!!! 5! It's the longest I have ever lived in one place! We are never moving from here this is our dream it just took us a while to find it. We have 12 acres in the country ❤️ beautiful stary nights and I can have a garden, chickens and smelly compost piles lol 
Good things come to those who wait! God has truly blessed our little family. We started a little early but that's what makes us who we are today. 

There is a lot that contributes to us moving, job mainly, hurricane! Family health issues etc but I wouldn't change our journey one bit. 
 
Till next time-Val 

No comments:

Post a Comment