CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Trying something new

Technology has been the worst thing that has hit my family. I'm sure many people can say the same thing. Don't get me wrong I LOVE to play on my phone, tablet or watch tv at times but for the most part it's a time waster. We realized that we spent to much time tuned into to technology. I couldn't sit and have a coversation with Kaylee without her having her phone in her hand or Emilee havin to have her iPad to read. Like I said, there is good things about it. Like being able to read in the dark and not having to turn on your desk lamp. So we decided to cut back our hours of usage. We have tried this many times and nothing really stuck but I think we have come up on something that might work for us. We put the devices up at 10 pm. We didn't turn anything on or let the kids have their "technology" until after dinner which was 6 pm! They did amazing today. They played cards, did school work of course, Kaylee broke out her violin, Emilee and DJ helped with dinner, chores where done without being forced and we even went outside in the cold weather to fix my compost bin!!! 
We all had better attitudes which was mainly what I was going for. I found myself out of boredom checking my phone or bank. Why? Because I had formed a habit. A bad habit. I want to break this cycle and I want my kids to not be dependent on social media or a phone. I'll post in about a week with an update. Pray for us all 😉 

Till next time-Val

No comments:

Post a Comment