CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 23, 2010

I need to get back in the swing of things

I am going to apologize now because it's 1:34am and I am going to ramble! LOL

I have really been lacking in the blogging world lately. I have been reading my favorites that I keep up with but my google reader is begging me to read so it can come down on that high number..lol

Well, for starters our lives have been turned upside down. We started homschooling in the middle of August. It was a huge change for us but we are/was loving it. The kids now go to a private school where my Dad teaches highschool at in Pine. They only go Monday-Thurday there. They LOVE it! I LOVE it! They pray, have chapel and they come home talking about God every single day! That brings a smile to my face and warms my heart. 

Now back to the upside down part. Now if you read or know me personally you know that I live in Hahnville not Pine. So, thats where its been crazy but I am loving every minute of it. You see I have moved in with my Dad and Granny, Sun evening thru Thursday nights. We go home to tend to our house on the weekends. It was really hard the first two weeks but I am loving it now. My Granny is in poor health and my Dad was starting back teaching so someone needed to stay with her during the day. It was just meant to be. I am a blessing to her as she is a blessing to me. I have never really been able to spend lots of time with her but now we are two peas in a pod! We eat,sleep and watch her favorite T.V. shows.  She doesn't remember alot and asks tons of questions over and over but I wouldn't trade this time for anything in the world! 

Now another reason why its been hard is David is back working off in Shreveport. It isn't as bad this time a go road because THANKFULLY iPhone 4g has video calling!!! It's the best thing ever. It's like I see him everyday now even when he is gone. The kids really enjoy it too!!!!!!

So a few more little updates. My Birthday was August 16th and this year I was spoiled rotten. (My Dad, Mom and Day seem to think I am always spoiled but what do they know,LOL)
Dad took us to Tn and we went to Dollywood,the Dixie Stampede, Uber (so spelled wrong)Gatlinburg and tons of other places there. We got to visit with family too! Now my surprise was Graceland! I had never been and I was turning 27! SO this was such a treat for me. I am a ELVIS junky :)

One more thing before I post tons of pics threw out this time.. My little brother Zearl gradutated and I am so proud!

Now here is the pictures, they are all out of order but enjoy!

kids on the waterfall

cool place in pigeon forge

my Day

Kaylee scaring me!

My family!

Memphis!

Ice skating @ Ober Gatlinburg

My Granny and I on our way to church the other day!

Best birthday ever!

Poppy swimming with the kids

My family in the mountains


The KING's house.lol

Zearl's graduation. Now this is a family pic!

My Dad turned 53 while we where in Tn!

I am getting me one of these!

Thanks for reading and sorry for all the rambling. I haven't blogged in awhile and was trying to make sure everything was in there and I know without a shadow of a doubt I left something out.
:)

With love-Val <3

No comments:

Post a Comment