CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, November 30, 2012

Advent Countdown

I had been seeing a lot of people doing an Advent calendar or an Advent countdown and I wanted to do that with my little ones this year. I love starting traditions for my sweet family.
I found an excellent blog that had cute ideas and cute print outs for what I wanted to do.
http://www.confessionsofahomeschooler.com/blog/2012/11/free-printable-advent-ornaments.html

I didn't do the exact one like she did but I did use her print outs and made goodie bags and wrapped books up all with a number.

Here is a list of what we are doing in our count down to Christmas!
  1. Going to see Christmas lights on the river.
  2. Candy bag with a bible verse
  3. Make snowflakes and decorate them
  4. Sing Christmas carols
  5. Read a special book and make root beer floats!
  6. Activity books for the kids with crayons (we are going to babysit the next day and it will help with our drive to Baton Rouge)
  7. Read the Nutcracker book
  8. Go see The Nutcracker 
  9.  Candy bag
  10. Make pipe cleaner candy canes
  11. Candy bag
  12. Read 12 days of Christmas and make a Christmas craft
  13. Read The birth of Jesus book
  14. Ready Marlee the Christmas Dog
  15. Make ginger bread houses
  16. Candy bag
  17. Make paper chains
  18. Read How the Grinch Stole Christmas
  19. Make edible Christmas trees
  20. Hot chocolate and family game night (also Christmas with Guanny & Pop)
  21. Sing Christmas carols and make peppermint ornaments 
  22. Read The Polar Express
  23. Make Christmas ornaments 
  24. Make Jesus birthday cake (BEST breakfast ever)
CHRISTMAS HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESUS!!!


And look who got into the marshmallows!

No comments:

Post a Comment