CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 14, 2015

Much needed update

I really need to get back updating on a regular basis. I really enjoy being able to look up past events, pictures and other things on my blog. 

School is officially out at LCA! All of the kids ended at different times and that's completely normally since everyone works at their own pace. Emilee finished up first, then DJ and not far behind was Kaylee. Of course she's in the 9th grade so it's a little harder for her than it is for the younger two. I was very pleased with this year. There is a lot I am going to change before heading into the next school year. One being math. I was not happy with ACE for the kids. DJ, yes. Girls not so much. They just didn't seem to enjoy or learn much from the paces. I have ordered Teaching textbooks and I am very eager to begin! Of course we won't start back school until August but I am very excited nontheless. I am also changing up our history as well. I am not really sure what I am doing in that department but ill have tons of ideas that I am working on. 

One thing that seems to bother me or let's just say that used to bother me is my "lot" in life I guess you would say. I have always wanted to be a stay at home mom. I have always wanted to homeschool. I have always wanted to travel at the drop of a dime and I have all those things at my finger tips and I tend to wonder what it would be like to be a working parent! I know that people always tend to want what they don't have but sometimes I see these other moms in the uniforms or working in different settings and I think, "Man, I sure wish I had a career!". Sadly I was not seeing the big picture of my life. I do have a career. The one I wanted too! I just didn't realize it until I started to get jealous of seeing other moms I guess. I wouldn't trade my life for all the tea in China and I LOVE tea! I am sure there will come a time once my children are raised and I might go back to college and finish my MT. Or I might just travel. Or I might even get a job at Walmart just so I can talk to everyone! Lol only time will tell but as for now I am thanking God for giving me the opportunity to be a stay at home mom, and to be able to homeschool my children. I love being with them and learning with them. I am truly blessed. 
-sorry for that long rant- sometimes you have to actually type it out or write it out.

Now. Things that have happened. DJ went to Boy Scout day camp. It was this past Monday-Friday. He went Monday, got rained out Tuesday. Came home early Wednesday because his tummy was hurting. Thursday he didn't go because I had errands to run and Friday it got over at noon because of the bad weather.
He did get his bb shooting badge anyone roger I can't recall at the moment. He all and all liked it. He said he would want me to volunteer next year when he goes because he likes me to be close invade his stomach gives him trouble. He has the worst belly aches at times!! 
 

His party was Saturday and it went well. Only rained that evening and not for long and the kids swam right threw it. I'll have a post just for that this week. It's a ton of videos and pictures. 

Kaylee and Emilee have been up to the normal teenage stuff. Phones and staying in their rooms unless they need to eat! I guess it's summer so whatever they want I guess. Lol 

I'm did do two Pinterest projects and they came out awesome! One was a balance out of foam board and the other is a Valance made out of ole scrap material. It came out awesome too! 

I guess that's it for now. I am rambling away.

Till next time-Val

No comments:

Post a Comment