CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Meal prep

I started something new this week. We are going to give this meal prep thing a try. I really hope that they freeze well. I got this idea off of Pinterest. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/323414816965936763/
I plan on doing chicken chucks and freeze veggies next week. It was honestly  a lot of work BUT I really liked it. I had to was everything, cut etc. I think I was in the kitchen for at least 2 hours! Mainly because brown rice takes a minimum of 45 minutes to cook.

I baked tilipia on one. Steamed veggies for all and made the homemade dirty rice for the others. 
Orange is for me and purple is for David.
In the freezer they go! It says you can take out that morning and when ready to eat just zap in the microwave!!!
David made snack bags with a mini salad to go with each meal. 
Of course I cleaned all of our fruit like I always do with one cup of Vinager and the rest cold water. It cleans the fruit or veggies and gets rid of all the pestasides.  I made snack bags of strawberries, blueberries and blackberries! 

For breakfast I have cereal, homemade egg mcmuffins, grits oatmeal.

Dinner I have plans for weight watchers meals. Mainly crockpot meals. Chicken stroganoff, Catalina chicken and homemade chicken noodle soup. We are going to have the usual southern thing and make red beans on Mondays and tacos on Tuesday! Aka taco Tuesday 😍 

Praying this week goes by smoothly! 

Till next time -Val

No comments:

Post a Comment